April 18, 2011

So I was thinking

Many of my sorority sisters and friends have joined the blogging world. I'm so intrigued and fascinated by their blog posts, but what would I ever have to write about? I don't have babies or a husband. Shoot, I don't even have a job, yet. I'm a graduate student with a dog and a cat. So I'm thinking about revamping this blog to reflect what's going on in my life. Maybe something about job hunting/social justice/single living in your late 20's? Any thoughts? Also, because no post is ever complete without pictures, here are some pictures between my last post (after visiting Croatia) and now. What a year, and what a ride!This little one made her way into my life. What a special addition to the family Daisy has been.My beautiful, wonderful, amazing, inspirational grandmother, Eleanor, passed away on October 14, 2010. My heart still aches when I think of how much I miss this incredible woman.My grandfather asked me to take this picture because of how beautiful her casket looked. A beautiful casket for a beautiful woman. I'm so glad I did--not because I think her earthly burial matters to her eternal self but because being able to provide this beautiful celebration of her life meant the world to my grandfather. Who means the world to me.
This is from May 2008. Such a good day!




Then came Christmas. We added a new family member, Jenn, who is Pete's new fiance. The wedding is June 25th in Branson, MO, and we could not be more excited!

Who could forget about this precious little guy? Itchy's shacking up with Grandma and Grandpa Kay until I have a place where Itchy and Daisy can co-exist.

When I got back to my practicum at Rainbow Mental Health Facility in January, this was waiting on my office door. I was reminded of how blessed I am to have fabulous, caring coworkers!

This was a sad year for grandparents. On February 27, 2011, my Nana received her angel wings, too. It's horribly sad, and my heart aches for her as well. I find comfort knowing I have two of my biggest fans in life as guardian angels now.

On May 20, 2011, I will finally receive my Master's hood! It seems like years of hard work went into finally getting this degree, and I can use prayers for the final push. Here is a picture to remind everyone in my life that, once a wildcat, always a wildcat.

1 comment:

  1. Bah. I blogged for years before I got married--what you've got to say is interesting to me (and I'm sure many others, too)!

    ReplyDelete