April 20, 2011

Senioritis

Senioritis is a very real disorder.  I'm sure if I look hard enough, I'll be able to find it in the DSM-IV-TR.  Research should probably be conducted to reveal the number of people affected by senioritis nationwide.  I mean, really, everyone I know has had some experience with the desire to be finished with some task met by the pressure to actually finish.  For me, the result is a mediocre attempt to maintain my motivation long enough to make it through the last day.

Friday is my last day at my practicum.  Never, in my wildest dreams, did I envision feeling any sort of sadness or anxiety about ending an internship at a state psychiatric hospital.  What's wrong with me?! 

Grad school is preparation for the professional world, and my work at Rainbow has enforced my confidence to enter the professional world successfully.  I keep saying I don't want to rule out a doctorate, but for right now, I'm ruling it out.  When I was finishing my undergrad, I KNEW I didn't want anymore school.  Now that I'm finishing grad school, I KNOW I don't want anymore school.  HA!  I guess we'll see.

So I'm looking for a cure for senioritis.  I'm picturing a future dissertation (for someone else).  Surely the suffering of millions would be alleviated by a cure for this crippling illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment