October 01, 2009

Mischief Managed

The masked crusader has struck again. Since May 2008, a war of wits has been in action. It all began with a trip across campus with a few pairs of shoes. Leah and I felt that the shoes needed some airing out, so we decided to take them for some pictures around K-State landmarks. This started an all out prank war with this crazy guy.


No one can say he is completely innocent. What followed the shoe trip was pretty hysterical. From the shrinking of a mattress (ask and I'll tell you how this is done) to license plates being frozen into blocks of ice in Operation Texas Tundra. The prank war died down as Leah and I moved away from Manhattan. Fortunately, this guy took it upon himself to attempt to capture David's most prized possession--his ruby red slippers.



Jeff was all together unsuccessful in capturing the red Pumas, but received a picture of them to take to Iowa after his graduation.

I am here to announce that during a routine foiling operation


The ruby red slippers were discovered. I had been informed that the slippers had moved to Wamego for safe keeping--but this was all a lie. As I moved a pile of clothes in order to foil the dresser, there they were. It was almost as if they were singing to me with a radiant light all around them. My heart began beating faster, and I knew that this would probably be my one and only opportunity to capture the shoes before David goes to Kenya. So I thought to myself, "Do I foil them, or do I take them?" Ultimately, the decision was made...

The ruby red slippers are mine. Now, I assure you that I will keep them safe during their capture. However, they are about to embark on a cross country tour. Everyone who has put in effort to borrow this crucial asset to David's wardrobe will get to have a short visit with them. I promise they will be safely returned soon....

1 comment:

  1. can they come tailgating with us on November 7th? I think they would really enjoy it!
    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete