July 27, 2009

More To Love

I was reading through some Facebook pages this morning and came across someone asking if a friend had heard about Fox's new reality dating show called More To Love. I decided to check it out, being the reality show junky that I am. When I looked at the webpage for the show, I was outraged!

"MORE TO LOVE, the new dating competition show from Mike Fleiss ("The Bachelor"), follows one regular guy's search for love among a group of real women determined to prove that love comes in all shapes and sizes."

but....

"This eligible guy will have the chance to find the woman of his dreams when 20 voluptuous ladies vie for his heart. "

So, apparently what they're saying is that love comes in all shapes and sizes for women who are over a size 10. If they want to say that love comes in all shapes and sizes, why don't they have women of all shapes and sizes? This show is about as ridiculous as the show a few years ago where the woman showed up and all the men did not meet the standards of beauty that society set for them... therefore they were "ugly." Please know that I am using the term ugly in that sentence because that is how the show referred to them.

Why are the standards of beauty set so high for us? Why does the term "all shapes and sizes" only refer to people who are bigger than a model? I am begging you not to support this show by watching it. If we can get it off the air as soon as possible, maybe someone will get the picture....

I know that changing things like this does not come on a small spectrum, but I'm fired up. Check out the website if you are so inclined.


http://www.fox.com/moretolove/

No comments:

Post a Comment