January 30, 2009

The Green Mile

It happened today. People lost their jobs. I have witnessed so much in my life. I have seen hurting people.. I have been hurt..

I have never been so devastated by a sight than by what I saw today. Imagine, everyone knows your job is on the line.. the supervisor says "I need to talk to you alone".. and she walks you down the hall to her office. I felt like I was watching Dead Man Walking. It was absolutely horrendous. I can't really describe the feeling of pain that I am experiencing today.

How do you comfort someone who has just lost a job? I have come to believe with all of my heart that God will provide for my needs in every circumstance. My pain comes for those people who don't have that faith. Without faith of God's provision.. where does that leave them? It brings me back to the question.. how do you comfort someone who has just lost a job? What do I do with knowledge that God can, and is, comforting me in my distress if I can't help someone to know that themselves?

I was talking with Cary this morning about how I know that even in the worst economic situation in the U.S., we are financially richer than most of the world. Like I said, I have finally come to realize that I will have my needs in this life met. Here is a situation where I feel absolutely helpless.. how do I help my former co-workers?

I think that's about all I can write for now.. the tears are working in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment